If you are a provider participating in the Round 2 or National Mail Order Recompete programs for Competitive Bidding contracts, and you have not yet registered, time is running out. The Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) will close the registration window on Tuesday, February 17, 2015. Suppliers that have not yet registered (and wish to participate in bidding) will need to have the Authorized Official for the business establish an account via the CMS IACS system by 9pm EST on February 17, 2015. Registration in the IACS system is required to obtain a user ID and password for the electronic bidding system DBidS. If you miss the registration deadline, you will not be able to submit a bid. Registering for an account provides you with the most flexibility, but does not obligate you to formally submit a bid. If you are undecided, it is best to secure your access immediately.
As a recap, the following product categories are up for bid in Round 2:
- Enteral Nutrition, Equipment and Supplies
- General Home Equipment and Related Supplies and Accessories
- includes hospital beds and related accessories, group 1 and 2 support surfaces, commode chairs, patient lifts, and seat lifts
- Nebulizers and Related Supplies
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Pumps and Related Supplies and Accessories
- Respiratory Equipment and Related Supplies and Accessories
- includes oxygen, oxygen equipment, and supplies; continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices and respiratory assist devices (RADs) and related supplies and accessories
- Standard Mobility Equipment and Related Accessories
- includes walkers, standard power and manual wheelchairs, scooters, and related accessories
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) Devices and Supplies
The National Mail Order contracts to supply mail order diabetic supplies are being recompeted on the same timeline. The covered documentation review deadline is February 23, 2015. Suppliers that wish to have their required documentation packets reviewed for missing documentation must have that in by February 23rd. The bid window, however, will remain open until March 25, 2015. See the latest edition of VistaNotes (Volume 6 Issue 6, available for purchase on our products page) for a condensed, but comprehensive, bidding guide for suppliers.