Whew! 2016 has been a challenge. As it draws to a close, I thought that remembering the highlights would be great way to launch 2017. Here are a few of my favorite things:
- We mastered our deductible management protocol to maximize collections from payers and patients alike. We finally beat, for the most part, the dreaded February cash flow slump with a combination of targeted holds, systematic tracking and release, and special collection projects.
- We launched Checkflight, our data platform for clients with tools we originally developed for our own use. The most popular, so far, is the Denial Queue report, a detailed daily list of all the prior day's denials and recoupments categorized for accountability and completion. In addition to improved denial response times, we used the aggregate data to reverse-engineer process improvements to prevent recurrence and lower overall denial rates. Hooray!
- We launched Where Are They Now?, a platform for tracking each sales dollar to its ultimate resolution. You would be shocked to know what percentage of AR represents phantom sales.
- We launched MiraVista 101, a training program for internal billing departments based on our own staff training. I think, hands down, the best sessions are the Denial Management and Research Workshops because they teach staff how to solve the unanticipated problems without overreliance on a single manager or expert.
- We launched Never Mind the Trick, of course.