MiraVista LLC, a medical billing and consulting company, is searching for candidates for full-time associate positions in our Statesboro, GA office.
Do you qualify?
If you just need a job, you will hate working with us. We are perpetually trying to figure things out and get better; not just better than our competition, but better than ourselves.
While not a bad thing, we do not typically look for prior medical billing experience. Quite frankly, it takes longer to break bad habits than to teach qualified people with no direct experience. So the “better-than-$2.10 per hour plus tips” question is: Do you qualify?
- Strong communication skills. To contribute to our staff, you have to initiate discussion and participate in debate. You cannot do that without strong communication skills. Twitter only counts if you are truly compelling in 140 characters or less.
- Decent desktop computer skills. We use Microsoft Excel...heavily. Most other applications we use pivot on the general knowledge necessary to get around Microsoft Office products and popular browser-based web tools. There are no wildly specialized applications that we use, but you have to know your way around a desktop computer.
- Good research skills. If you don’t know the answer to a question, you should be able to Google it…and get it…and then share it with us.
- Hustle. Period.
We admire the following:
- Work experience. 4.0 grade point averages are great, but that is not how we operate. We don’t have 3 weeks to do something perfect; we have 3 weeks to do lots of things pretty damn well. If you have worked while putting yourself through school, mastered a craft of any kind, or even participated in meaningful extracurricular activities while paying the rent, we think that’s cool.
- Other experience. People who have seen and done things are awesome. Some of the greatest innovations in our work come from ideas that are relatively boring in some other industry, culture, or environment.
- College degree or certification. To be clear, we are less interested in the specific degree than that it represents you push yourself to learn and you finish what you started.
If we have not convinced you to steer clear, we cannot wait to meet you. Submit your resume and cover letter here.